Trip to Chadar Trek 2019 – Rukmat Travels
“Chadar” refers to the sheet of ice that forms over the Zanskar river, as it transforms from a rapid-flow river into a white blanket of ice during winter. A frozen spectacle of glass-ice, with the colours ranging from a bluish tinge to a golden yellow, visible during the few hours that sunlight penetrates the gorge, to the milky white on a moonlit night. This is a trekking journey like no other.
Chadar connects villages in the Zanskar valley (located deep in the mountains) with Chilling (located on the road to Leh) along the frozen Zanskar River. This route has been used for centuries for trade and transportation, and is most reliable in February when the ice is most stable.
- Day 1: Fly to Leh – Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Hotel
- Day 2 : Free day to accilimatise. After lunch, drive along the Indus valley for a monastery tour.
- Day 3: Drive to Tilad Do via Chilling – 11,400 to 10,390 ft. – Drive 65 kms – Stay in tent
- Day 4: Tilad Do to Shingra Koma – 10,390 – 10,550 ft. – Trek 10 KMs – Stay in tent
- Day 5: Shingra Koma to Tibb Cave – 10,550 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 15 KMs – Stay in tent
- Day 6: Tibb cave to Naerak camp – 10,760 – 11,150 ft. – Trek 12.5 KMs – Stay in tent
- Day 7: Naerak to Tibb Cave – 11,150 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 12.5 KMs – Stay in tent
- Day 8: Tibb Cave to Shingra Koma – 10,760 to 10,550 ft. – Trek 15 KMs – Stay in tent
- Day 9: Shingra Koma to Tilad Do, drive to Leh – 10,550 – 11400 ft. – Trek 10 KMs, Drive 65 KMs – Stay in Hotel
- Day 10: Return from Leh by flight
• First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder for emergencies during the trek.
• Qualified & experienced Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
• Transport from Leh to Road head and return.
• Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary.
What’s Not Included?
• Food / Meals in Leh. Any kind of personal expenses.
• Local Fees (ALTOA /LAHDC and others) ranging between Rs.2300/- to Rs.2800/- per person
• Porter to carry personal luggage. The same can be arranged @ Rs.750/- Per Day for up to 9 Kg baggage
• Anything not specifically mentioned under ‘Inclusions’
• Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our travel desk at the Base Camp Leh on actual as per the rate of Leh Transport & Taxi Union.
• Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies.
• Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
• Single occupancy tent supplement: Rs. 10500 /- extra
• Bookings cancelled before 30th November 2018 will be eligible for 100% refund.